If you are pregnant and want to take maternity photos, this post is for you! Maternity Photography sessions in Savannah and surrounding areas are one of my favorite photography sessions to create in our Richmond Hill photography studio or surrounding areas.
I remember finding out I was pregnant. I took three pregnancy test with each child because I just couldn't believe the miracle. From the moment that little extra line appears on the test, your life begins to present it’s fair share of little surprises, right?
Morning sickness or for some even 24-7 sickness in the first couple of weeks\ months, then come tiny flutters that make you forget all about the not-so-good mornings. Do you remember your first ultrasound appointment? The first time you heard that little heartbeat? It just keeps getting better. Your favorite jeans don't fit anymore. You run to the bathroom every other hour. In fact, you’d sleep if you didn’t have to take several trips to the potty every night. Your baby bounces around in your belly, and your dreams of holding your little bundle of joy become so vivid.
I can tell you that pregnancy was one of the most magical times of my life! You may not always feel beautiful, but you are!
I did not have maternity pictures taken because maternity photography was not a thing at the time (I am from Germany) I was pregnant with my children. Let’s make sure you remember this amazing time; your children will thank you for it!
Here are some tips on how to prepare for your maternity session:
1. If you decide to wear your own outfit, instead of using the gowns from my studio wardrobe, make sure to know that tight pants and socks, leave dents on the skin. Stay form-fitting but comfy for your shoot.
2. Keep your nails natural. Nail-design changes just like clothing styles do.
3. Consider booking a hair & make-up artist for your session, even if you’re a super-natural style Mama. Treat yourself; you deserve it! Let a make-up artist bring out all of your natural beauty with photo-ready makeup and a perfect hairstyle for your shoot! Most of my customers go on a fancy lunch\dinner date with their husband after their session. Not only do they feel super pretty because of their hair and make-up but I make them feel like a supermodel as well :).
4. Tell me what you’re comfortable with. If you’re belly shy…say so! We have ways of making sure your belly looks stunning without showing any skin. If you don’t like your stretch marks, c-section scar, linea nigra (you know the dark line along the navel line?), or anything else, there are ways to remove them. They should not be the reason not to have fantastic belly pictures!
5. Do your research. PINTEREST is my best friend! Also look up my Instagram and point me in the right direction. Don’t be afraid to make suggestions. I am open to ideas; I like to get inspired, and I love to grow!
I hope these tips help and get you even more excited about your sessions!! I sure am!
Thinking ahead of time could save you some headache and money! We offer a wide range of services to our new mamas! Don’t forget to schedule your newborn photography session, Fresh48, milestone and\ or cake smash sessions. I offer specialty sessions from time to time. Please sign up for my newsletter, and you will always be up to date with my offers. I know you’re going to love your experience of being pampered and beautified in my studio and I just can’t wait to create art for you to cherish a lifetime.
I could go on and on. I loved having all of these sweet babies this year and hope for many more next year. Thank you so much fro trusting me to handle and photograph your newborn baby in Richmond Hill, GA. Newborn sessions are very limited due to the fact that they are very time consuming. Book your session for 2018 early to make sure you will reserve your spot on my calendar.
Andrea Krey is a photographer in the Savannah, GA area and specializes in maternity photography, newborn photography, baby photography and motherhood photography. Newborn Photography is done in her private newborn studio in Richmond Hill, GA and all other sessions can be taken in surrounding areas. Andrea Krey serves Richmond Hill, Savannah and Tybee, just to mention a few areas. Andrea is known for her natural and organic newborn, baby, maternity and motherhood photography. She has a very natural style that fits today’s modern family. Her sessions concentrate on natural interactions and love.