Here are some tips on how to prepare for your maternity session:
1. If you decide to wear your own outfit, instead of using the gowns from my studio wardrobe, make sure to know that tight pants and socks, leave dents on the skin. Stay form-fitting but comfy for your shoot.
2. Keep your nails natural. Nail-design changes just like clothing styles do.
3. Consider booking a hair & make-up artist for your session, even if you’re a super-natural style Mama. Treat yourself; you deserve it! Let a make-up artist bring out all of your natural beauty with photo-ready makeup and a perfect hairstyle for your shoot! Most of my customers go on a fancy lunch\dinner date with their husband after their session. Not only do they feel super pretty because of their hair and make-up but I make them feel like a supermodel as well :).
4. Tell me what you’re comfortable with. If you’re belly shy…say so! We have ways of making sure your belly looks stunning without showing any skin. If you don’t like your stretch marks, c-section scar, linea nigra (you know the dark line along the navel line?), or anything else, there are ways to remove them. They should not be the reason not to have fantastic belly pictures!
5. Do your research. PINTEREST is my best friend! Also look up my Instagram and point me in the right direction. Don’t be afraid to make suggestions. I am open to ideas; I like to get inspired, and I love to grow!